500-HR Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training
with Rolf Gates
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is very honored to now offer a 500-HR Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training with Rolf Gates, renowned international yoga teacher and author of the seminal yoga book, Meditations From The Mat. This year-long training is a unique opportunity to learn from Rolf via live online sessions in a supportive group setting at Dragonfly.
The purpose of this intensive training is to give those who have chosen to be teachers the opportunity to realize the fullness of that intention. In order to accomplish this goal we will come together around the three primary intentions of the Teacher:
- To develop a holistic vision of how Yoga acts as a transformational catalyst enabling the practioner to align her life with her higher purpose.
- To develop a therapeutic vision for her classes, so that her classes are a dynamic fusion of the best practices in yoga, offering her students optimal access to health and well being.
- To cultivate the habit of personal growth. To participate in a community of her peers dedicated to personal growth as a means for effective leadership and effective living.
We will address the three intentions of the teacher holistically. You will combine personal study with group practice, you will attend lectures and seminars and lead them, you will study at the crossroads of modern science, psycho-dynamic theory, and traditional yoga theory; you will become a teacher by becoming a student. Together we will travel across our monthly sessions and the space between who we are now and who we will become!
Program Description: VISION + COMMITMENT
The aim of this training is to aid in the development of truly impactful Yoga Teachers: Teachers who are leaders. In order to accomplish this aim, we will study in depth the space within which the teacher learns, grows, teaches and leads: The mirror of everyday life. We will refine our vision and commitment to our role in the classroom to achieve a level of mastery as a teacher and leader in our community.
We will explore the dynamics of karma, principle, awareness, freedom and choice. We will come to a holistic understanding of the human experience we share, the purpose of spiritual practice and the role of the teacher. To that end, teachers engaged in the Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training will study and be able to teach classes and workshops that address:
- The Yoga Sutras as a context for understanding and transformation
- The Mechanics of Karma as the foundation of spiritual growth
- The Three Aspects of Practice: Sila, Samahdi and Wisdom
- The Powerful Intersection of Western Science and Yoga
- Non-violence in action
- The Art of Sadhana: The Development and Refinement of a Home Practice
- A Refined Vision of the Yoga Teacher’s Tools: Asana, Pranyama and Meditation.
- A Refined Vision of the yoga teacher: The use of Self in a transformational environment.
The Experiential Workshop/Retreat Development
The experiential workshop/retreat component of this training offers an exceptional opportunity. This module will prepare the teacher to conduct workshops and retreats at the 1-7 day levels. There will be an emphasis on the design and leading of these types of offerings for students.
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patañjali: A New Translation with Commentary, Chip Hartranft
- How Yoga Works, Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Rolf Gates
- Yoga Body: Anatomy, Kinesiology and Asana by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing, Caroline Myss
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, Rick Hanson Ph.D. and with Richard Mendius MD
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles, Bruce H. Lipton
Course Fee Through Dragonfly:
(Regular cost: $3000)
The Course Fee includes all reading materials, 500hr Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training Manual + Meditations from the Mat Teachers Index, Vinyasa On-line Sessions, Lecture Video On-line Series + all course sessions with Rolf Gates and in-studio study and book discussion groups.
Sessions At Dragonfly
During this year of ongoing instruction, Dragonfly will be opening our studio every month for a different aspect of the training. You may participate in the sessions in studio or view them at home (live or recorded).
- Study/Practice Group (Saturdays, 12:30-2:30 p.m.)
- Live Sessions with Rolf Gates (Friday evenings, dates vary, 6-8 p.m.)
**Students may participate in the training remotely, but must be in Doylestown for the final event.**
Take a look at the calendar in the right sidebar for an official list of dates.
This Advanced Level Teacher Training is open to those who have completed a 200hr Certification program or have a level of experience and desire to study the practice more deeply and consists of 300hrs of training. The training provides over a year of on-going instruction in the Art of Teaching and the study of Yoga as a vehicle for transformation. It also offers an experiential training in the leading of intensives and workshops preparing participants for their own next level of offerings to students.