In the way that B.K.S Iyengar believed in building the yoga pose around the student, Dragonfly Yoga believes in building the teacher training around the student. By enrolling in Dragonfly’s Yoga Teacher Training, you’ll earn a 200-hour level Yoga certification through a schedule that fits your life.
We strive to make our program comprehensive, yet still accessible to those with time and financial restraints. Our teacher training allows you to enroll at any time and complete the work at your pace.
Take a look at the outline of our training below and please contact Alexis, the Program Director at 215.622.4612 or email@example.com.
DRAGONFLY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Dragonfly’s in-depth 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is for aspiring yoga teachers or anyone who wants to further their study of yoga. The curriculum is an eclectic mix of styles, but covers the 8-limbs of Yoga. This YTT will prepare you to teach a Hatha yoga class — and send you on your own path of discovery!
Teacher Training Units
The YTT is made up of 12 general units; one unit is covered every month in a 3-hour class usually held the last weekend of the month. Students may enroll at any time, attend any unit they wish, and pay as they go. To receive certification, you must complete all 12 units. Here is a brief overview of the units:
- Unit 1 (January) – Our Yoga Roots and Where Our Branches Can Reach: Prone Asana/History Of Yoga in U.S./Teaching Techniques/Wheel of Yoga
- Unit 2 (February) – The Prana Of Yoga: Chair Asana /Presentation of Opening & Closing/Bandas/Presentation of Yogis/Types of Hatha Yoga
- Unit 3 (March) – Creating Your Abhyasa: Seated/Core Asana/Asana Sequencing/Mudras
- Unit 4 (April) – Understanding The Asana: Backbends /Anatomy Part One/Categorizing Asana/Exploration of Savasana
- Unit 5 (May) – Guiding Your Students: Forward Folds/Teach A 20-Minute Class with Critique/Student Alignments/Communication Styles
- Unit 6 (June) – Creating A Guru?: Balancing Asana /History Of Yoga Post Classical/Becoming A Teacher
- Unit 7 (July): – Living Your Yoga: Moon Salutes/History of Yoga Vedic Period/Yamas & Niyamas
- Unit 8 (August) – Setting Fire To Your Life: Sun Salutes /The Pancha Koshas/The Kleshas/What is Yoga?/Skeletal System
- Unit 9 (September) – The Business of Yoga: Restorative Asana/The Second Sutra/The Four Noble Truths/Muscular System/Yoga Business
- Unit 10 (October) – Birthing Spiritual Maturity: Prenatal Asana/Prenatal Yoga/10 Steps to Spiritual Maturity
- Unit 11 (November) – The Beauty Of Balance: Hot Yoga Asana/Circulatory System/Respiratory System/Chakras/Stress/Relaxation Techniques
- Unit 12 (December) – The Eight Limbs Of Yoga: Ashtanga Series/Digestive System/Urinary System/Reproductive System/Discussion of Eight Limbs
- Pranayama – Finding Your Witness: Preparing Our Senses and Posture For Pranayama/Ujjayi/Deergha Swasam
- Pranayama – Balancing Energy: Discussion of Energy Constructs (Gunas, Doshas, Prana Vayus), Bandhas, Asana for Doshas/Kapalabhati/Cooling Breaths
- Pranayama – Anatomy Of Breath: Kumbhaka/Bhramari and Hissing/Digital Pranayama (Nadi-Shodhana and others)
Yoga Of Marketing Workshop
In addition, it is highly recommended (but not required) that students attend one of the 2-hour Yoga of Marketing Workshops held at Dragonfly throughout the year.
- Yoga Of Marketing: Online and Offline Marketing Tools/Easy Ways To Build Your Own Website/Finding A Marketing Demographic or Niche/Marketing Yourself To Studio Owners/An Honest Look at the Yoga Industry
Building To 200 Hours
In total, the student must complete 200 hours of yoga study. These hours can be completed through the following:
- 12 Teacher Training Unit Classes – 36 total hours ($75 per unit)
- 3 Pranayama Workshops – 6 total hours ($30 per workshop)
- Yoga Of Marketing Workshop – 2 total hours ($25 per workshop)
- Regular Studio Classes: Attend a yoga class 2 times a week – 40 total hours for certification (Dragonfly’s 3-month unlimited Teacher Training rate is $330.) Classes may also be taken at other studios (up to 10 hours for certification).
- Self-Practice: Begin your own documented home practice, starting with monthly homework assignments and journal questions. (48 hours)
- Readings: There is a suggested reading list and students may also suggest books the group could benefit from. (48 hours)
- Workshops: Yoga and yoga-related workshops are offered at the studio on a regular basis, and students can also go to other workshops outside Dragonfly Yoga Studio. (20 hours)
- Final Interview: Students must meet 1-on-1 with Program Director Alexis
Ridge-Simek (1-hour) to present their asana binder, journal, and time tracking sheet, and be ready to discuss student emphasis. ($80)
(All Costs Are Approximations)
READY TO ENROLL? FOLLOW THESE STEPS
1. ATTEND ONE OF ALEXIS’ GROUP CLASSES: See her schedule HERE. If you plan to study with someone for a year, it’s good to get to know her style, right? (This class can count against your required hours. Can’t make it? Email her and set up a private session.)
2. APPLY: Complete the application HERE.
3. CORRESPOND: Email Alexis at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you applied.
4. REGISTER: Once you hear from Alexis, enroll for the next monthly unit HERE.
5. PRINT DOCUMENTATION: Print a welcome packet and all necessary documentation HERE.