156 Green Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
If you are serious about making it in the yoga industry, then you already have an idea about all the wonderful things that come with teaching yoga for a living. In the Yoga Of Marketing Workshop, we’ll take a look at the more challenging aspect of being a yoga professional: marketing yourself in an over-saturated and super-competitive business!
In the first part of this workshop, Dragonfly Yoga co-owner Joe Simek will take a look at some concrete marketing tools, including:
- Exploring and rating both local and national yoga directories and magazines
- Creating an email marketing list and incorporating it into your website
- Discuss of social media (what specifically you should be doing on each.)
- Discussing offline marketing strategies (Do they still work?)
- Showing you easy options to build a fully-functioning personal website (with a custom domain)
- Simple steps to improve your website’s rank on search engines
- 10 tips on approaching studio owners (and what to do once you get the job.)
- The art of the niche
In the second part of the workshop, we’ll take an honest look at the business of yoga, including:
- Setting up your business structure (sole proprietorship, corporations, and taxes)
- Discussing the latest local and national yoga industry trends.
- Crunching The Numbers: Looking at the average profit margin of a yoga studio and how it affects yoga teachers. And we’ll discuss how much are you really making an hour.
The Workshop is designed for students of Dragonfly’s 200 Hour Teacher Training, but everyone is welcome to enroll.
About Joe Simek
For more than a decade, Joe Simek has owned and operated Dragonfly Yoga Studio with his wife Alexis Ridge-Simek. Coming from a corporate background in publishing and web development, Joe is well-suited to be Dragonfly’s operations and marketing manager. Joe’s yoga practice reaches back to before Dragonfly, but it wasn’t until 2013 that he closed his web design company and formalize his yoga education by completing Dragonfly’s yoga teacher training program, as well as a training with The Vedic Conservatory. In 2015, he embarked on Yoga Therapy training with Alexis, studying under Brandt Passalacqua at Breathing Deeply. He is also currently enrolled in a 500 HR Advanced Vinyasa Training with Rolf Gates. Joe holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Arizona State University, where he met Alexis in 1999.