Yoga Therapy is a process of healing the whole person. Using yoga techniques such as body movement (asana), breathing (pranayama), meditation and philosophy, Yoga Therapy is a holistic approach to improving health and easing suffering. Yoga therapists use the entirety of the yogic system to help with specific conditions across a wide spectrum, including everything from sciatica to anxiety to obesity. (See the list on this page for more conditions that can benefit from yoga therapy.)
Dragonfly Yoga Therapists work privately with clients, first getting to know them and their concerns. Depending on the issue, an intake session will assess current physical and mental conditions, as well as allowing the therapist to understand the clients’ lifestyle and health goals. From there, the therapist will begin teaching the client yoga practices that will help with a condition, and if needed, outline a process of continued support.
Private Yoga Therapy Services and Pricing
- 60 minutes – $100
- 30 minutes – $55
- Multi-Session Packages Available
Traditional Session | 60 Minutes
- Includes an intake session, physical and mental assessment, yoga techniques and more!
Lower Body OR Upper Body Muscle Test | 30 Minutes
- In this targeted, hands-on assessment process, you’ll learn what muscles are tight or weak, so you can bring your system back into balance and ease your chronic pain. Sessions include a Postural Observation Test and Written Results Sheet. (Learn what you should actually be strengthening at the gym!)
Nervous System Regulation Session | 30 or 60 Minutes
- Shifting your nervous system into restful states is essential for healing. This session includes a mix of accessible techniques including movement, breathing, and guided relaxation. This is highly recommended for Anxiety, Autoimmune Diseases or Cancer Recovery.
Yoga For Plantar Fasciitis Program – $350
- Four 1-Hour Sessions including Muscle Testing, Postural Observation, Personalized Asana, Breathing and Fascial Release Sequences. Utilize Joe’s 4-Point Plan for Plantar Fasciitis to get out a pain!
Peaceful Weight Loss
- Intake/Consultation Session | 30 minutes
- Regular Session | 30 or 60 Minutes
- Learn more about this program HERE.
At Home Private Sessions Also Available. Prices Vary On Driving Distance.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for private sessions.
Our Yoga Therapists
Joe Simek is an Internationally Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT 875-Hours), a 500-Hour Level Yoga Teacher, and co-owner of Dragonfly Yoga. He has been practicing yoga for more than a decade, using the wisdom of the teachings to lose weight, get sober, and abandon the corporate grind.
Joe has completed over a thousand hours of yoga training. He studied Yoga Therapy (including 150 clinic hours) and Peaceful Weight Loss Through Yoga at Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy with Brandt Passalaqua. He also studied Advanced Vinyasa Yoga with Rolf Gates. Since 2017, Joe has been a Yoga Therapy Teaching Assistant at Breathing Deeply, where he is also the lead teacher for their 200-Hour Teacher Training Program.
In 2016, Joe co-founded The Fiaria Project, a non-profit organization that aids foster children. Joe holds a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Arizona State University.
Alexis is the founder and owner of Dragonfly Yoga Studio, which she opened in 2005 with the goal of making yoga accessible to everyone no matter what their body type or health condition. From its humble beginnings, Dragonfly has grown into a thriving yoga community, hosting both 200 and 500 HR teacher trainings, nation-wide retreats, and internationally-known yoga teachers.
Alexis completed a 350-hour Hatha Yoga certification program at Eight Limbs Yoga in Chicago in 2003, studying under Gabriel Halpern, Per Erez, and Miguel Latronica. Alexis continually looks for inspiration and information to share with her students. She also has studied with Rolf Gates (500-hour Advanced Vinyasa) and Brandt Passalacqua of Breathing Deeply (Yoga Therapy and Peaceful Weight Loss Through Yoga).
Alexis has over 1,000 hours combined professional training in yoga and mediation, including a certification in teaching Prenatal Yoga from Sweet Pea’s Studio in Chicago. She has studied Vinyasa Yoga under Shiva Rea and Sean Corn and Thai Yoga Massage with Mukti Michael Buck of the Vedic Conservatory. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Recreation Management from Arizona State University.